HISTORICAL BACKGROUND

Kiskeya was named by its first inhabitants, the Tainos, as the mother of all lands. For 7000 years it was fed with fresh water that quenched the thirst of all visitors that arrived to her shore .
Those arrivals over the last 500 years have left Kiskeya on the verge of ecological collapse: Greater than 75 % of its rivers are dry and the remaining 25% remain contaminated, and have lost more than 70% of their original water levels.

In essence this small island represents ecologically speaking in micro, what is currently happening globally in all the natural environment of flora and fauna that for thousands of millions of years had flourished and that in less than 500 years has been predated without consideration of the natural order of the planet per se.